Sondra, from Happy Clean Living, gave me this fun award! This award is "gifted to blogs that are encouraging, inspiring, or brilliant." (Please don't laugh) I feel honored that Sondra felt that I deserved this. Thank you, Sondra
The rules of accepting and sharing this award are:
*Thank the person who gave the award and link to their blog. Thanks again, Sondra!!
*Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
1. I don't color my hair any more! I know, everyone's surprised that the lovely silver color doesn't come from a bottle! ;D
2. I got braces off my teeth 2 days before my first grandchild was born (7 years ago)
3. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon)
4. I'm not very organized. My husband, bless his heart (not rest his soul) is very organized. He is patient with me and we seem to even each other out!
5. I love music! I took piano lessons when my children did. I can't play very well but it was fun to learn right along with the kids. I'm always singing (just ask my
6. I love Christmas music and don't mind hearing it year round.
7. I took 2 years of French in Junior High and tell my children that I'm fluent in Francais! N'est ce pas?
8. My parents have been married for 60 years and they're great examples of love, forgiveness, generosity and devotion.
9. I like bottling food for my family and being prepared for anything that might come along; lost income, pandemic, natural disaster, or just plain "what do I fix for dinner tonight?" It feels good when it's done and on the shelves. It's more fun when I'm working with my girls!
10. I love my job in the school district, working in special ed, but secretly would like to quit and stay at home to help my children with grandkids, help my parents, or just take a nap during the day!
*Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find encouraging, inspiring, or brilliant.
*Contact the bloggers and inform them they have received this award.
The blogs I read are ALL deserving of this award! Why would I read them if they weren't inspiring, encouraging or brilliant? I know Sondra gave this award to some of the same that I was thinking of so - I'll spread the wealth.
Here are the 7 bloggers I present this award to..or is it - to whom I present this award.
*Valerie at All the Pieces of Me! I absolutely love Valerie! Not only does she have an awesome blog, but she's kind, a good mom, a good friend, has a great sense of humor and is creative!
*I just found Brenda at Nevitt News but I knew her years ago. She tended my children when we first moved to Arizona. Her blog is a hoot to read! She has inspired me with her weight loss.
*KC at Grandma's Desserts has some great recipes. I even found one of mine for zucchini brownies on her blog! Yes, she gave me credit.
*Tammy, from Nana's Kitchen, makes me laugh, tells a good story, gives good recipes and has adorable grandchildren!
*Heffalump at I Blog About Nothing has some thought provoking posts, beautiful pictures and fun, creative ideas.
*Camille at Make It Work Mom has an awesome blog with great ideas for activities with kids, local events, recipes, and ideas on how to handle a household and work...whether it's outside the home or being a SAHM, everyone needs ideas and encouragment.
*Jill at Jill's Words, has a great sense of humor, and adorable children. She's going to school and is a mom and wife. Her every day life is told with humor and honesty. She makes me laugh!
Please don't accuse me of nepotism. The last two are my daughters. I know if I was to give this award to some other wonderful, inspirational, brilliant people, they would not appreciate the work involved because they're so busy! My daughters are used to me giving them work and besides, their blogs fit the bill for this award!
Sondra, thanks for picking me!
Speaking of picking...if you haven't signed up for my giveaway yet. Hurry on over...You might be picked to win!