CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 12, 2010

Healthy Cookies and Friendship

I have a sweet tooth.  Since being on Weight Watchers, my sweet tooth has been satisfied with a little more healthy sweets.
Here's a cookie recipe, with no fat, that is only 1 point per cookie.  Even if you're not watching your calories, you can still make these cookies and enjoy them, especially if you like bananas.






1 cup mashed, ripe bananas
2 eggs or 3 egg whites
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
chocolate chips


Mix all ingredients together.  Drop on baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until outer edge is golden. 


Isn't it fun to meet another blogger?  I met Natalie and her husband.  




They just returned from their mission to Paris, France.  It felt like we had known each other forever!  She's beautiful, fun, intelligent, genuine and easy to talk to.  Her dear Husband is the same way. It was very comfortable to be with them.  I hope we can always be friends. (Sorry about the quality of the picture.  I just cleaned my camera lens)


Have a good weekend!


21 comments:

Valerie said...

How fun!

The cookies look yummy! I guess I better not tell you what I'm eating. :)

Joanie said...

I am going to try the recipe when I get home. They sound yummy.
Nice to make new friends and get a chance to eat out.

Kerin said...

Connie,
Thanks for the great recipe! I even have bananas... so I will give it a try.
You lucky girl... getting to meet and visit with a blog friend :)
Hope you have a great weekend!!

mCat said...

Those actually sound great! Okay, I would have to leave out the choco chips, but the rest? YUM

gigi said...

Connie, I can't wait to meet you in person too! One day my friend :)

I wonder would this recipe work with Splenda and splenda brown sugar? Sounds interesting enough to try it, thanks.

Joanie said...

Connie, I forgot to ask in Andy felt left out when you all conversed in French?

Yvonne said...

I love sweets, too.

I'm so glad you had a chance to meet Natalie--I can't wait to meet her. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to meet her soon ; )

karen said...

I'm going to have to try those cookies. And YES - it is fun to meet other bloggers. So far I've met two and both were so much fun. Glad you had a good time. And by the way - you look great!

Julie said...

It was so fun to see you yesterday! I really wish we lived closer to all of you guys! Thanks for coming~! And I just want to add that I really love your winter coat Clara! :)

Kazzy said...

Joan, LOL!

I am glad you met a fellow blogger. That is so much fun!

Camille said...

bananas are always the special ingredient in any baking recipe! :) Just ask Dan

Valerie said...

It's so fun to meet up with blogger friends! And how awesome that you both brought your husbands. :)

Natalie said...

Hi Connie,
Thanks for your nice comments. I think we must have been great friends in the pre-existence . We sure did have fun with you both.

Bisous (as they say in French) :)

Unknown said...

Cookie looks crispy from the recipe as well from the look.They enjoyed with all the stuff they have with them.Its small party fro them.

Free torrents

Susan R said...

I gave Weight Watchers a try for all of two days. Not because I didn't have the will power, but because I didn't have the brain power. It was too confusing to try and figure out the whole point thing. I'm more of a "just tell me what and what not to eat and I'll do it" kind of a diet girl. Obviously, I have been sticking to that game plan either.
After 5 children and a couple of abdominal surgeries, I'm starting to think I'll need surgical intervention to flatten out this kangaroo pouch thing I've got going on.
Love your blog, what a beautiful family.

Teachinfourth said...

These don't sound quite as tasty as good old chocolate chip...

Nana said...

Mmm. I have a banana choc. chip recipe that is very fattening. I will have to give these a try.

Cheeseboy said...

I think I prefer my cookies with sugar, but I'd try them.

Meeting other bloggers is COOL!

Jenny Lynn said...

those cookies look healthy! A night out for dinner with friends is always nice.

Unknown said...

Fat-free cookie recipe, cookies just one point Fri Even if you are not watching calories, you can still make these cookies and enjoy them, especially if you like bananas.

bittorrent movies

Teachinfourth said...

You are one brave woman…I think I'll stick to chocolate chip myself though.