CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 10, 2009

BEFORE AND AFTER and a WIN!

I'm fascinated by "Extreme Makeover" or "Biggest Loser", where you can see how things or people change over a period of time...usually for the better. Thinking about my missionaries coming home, I realize that they will have changed, hopefully for the better! I thought of some other Before and Afters that I decided to share.

My daughters, Camille, Candice, and Rachael were all pregnant at the same time four years ago. Adalyn, Cyrus and Corban were born within weeks of each other.



Started on the bedroom downstairs and it's now finished for Jeanette! If you look closely, you can see a poster of Harry Connick, Jr. on the bed welcoming Jeanette with open arms! She's gonna love that!



Cutting Christmas trees was a family tradition for many years! Here is Jill with her cool (or should I say, "warm") hat wrestling with the tree. That tree proved to be one we had to wrestle with even when it was decorated. Because it was so large and our rental house had a sloping floor, it fell twice, breaking ornaments, before we got smart and hooked it to the wall with a wire.



This is how our house looked before we bought it. We removed the over-grown bushes, added a porch and sidewalk and made it ours! Hey! I didn't know we had lava rock on the front of the house!

See what I won from Vanessa at I Never Grew Up. This is a darling book about a little girl whose grandmother sewed her a dress for her 6th birthday. The grandmother remade the dress in different ways so the little girl could keep the dress for a long time. This book is about recycling and keeping our world "green." It's done in a fun way and the illustrations are bright and pleasing. The only thing not true to form is the grandmother stayed thin and still has color in her hair! Oh well, it IS fiction! Thank-you Vanessa!


9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love your Before and After pictures!

Yvonne said...

What a fun post--great pictures.

Congratulations on winning the book--how fun.

Camille said...

Personally, my favorite pic is the "after" with the babies (at least it felt better!) AND of course the one with HCJ's welcoming arms (and lips).

Ann Marie said...

I LOVE before and Afters!

My Sisters and I all had boys at the same time and we have pictures like that.. So fun!

Your house looks AMAZING!

What a cute little book. Glad you won it! I will have to look for it.

Victoria Hayden said...

Connie, I think your wonderful! You always add a smile to my day with all the sweet comments you leave me! I keep waiting to see your # pop up on one of my giveaways so I can make your day too! It's coming one of these giveaways. lol Have a blessed day friend!

Hugs to you,
~Victoria~

Sondra said...

I love before and afters too. Three little babies all around the same time - that is really cool and they are sooo cute. I love babies.

The room is great! Lots of work. Did you do all the work by yourselves? She will be excited - especially about Harry welcoming her with open arms - LOL!

I love the makeover on your curb appeal. Soooo much better with those bushes gone. It made me laugh that you didn't know there was lava rock on the front of the house.

Debbi said...

Oh Connie you are so funny...but all kidding a side how exciting it is that those two beautiful children are coming home!!!!!Yeah!! And how funny Wyatt my 6 year old (Megan's) has the same batman pull suitcase...how could it be??? Love reading all of your things you still have a very fun family!! Love to all Debbi

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Loved all your afters, and especially the weight loss results of your daughters' After...How fun to have had their babies at the same time!

Our son loves to "sport" those crazy snow hats!

And what a cute illustrated book.

Kazzy said...

Somehow I missed this post in my busy week. You have made massive improvements to your home. It is so cozy and full of love, too.

And how cool to get three g'kids in a few weeks of each other? Your life is good!