CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A New Year and an Award!

I started back to work on Monday! This is my 9th year in the school district.
I have always worked in transitional kindergarten (TK) full time, but because of changes in the school and district, I will be in TK in the afternoon only. I am fortunate enough to have another assignment in the mornings. This room is the speech office. This will be my digs every morning until noon. It's fun to learn something new (that's what I keep telling myself). I hope I do it right.


Question: (hypothetically speaking, of course) Is it OK if a tongue thruster is a speech therapist?

Here is the TK room. It's big and bright and, next week, it will be filled with life! There will be 12 little students, who need an added boost to help with their school career, come to learn, have fun, be loved, and make friends!

It's hard to express the blessings that are mine because I get to work with 2 wonderful, patient, energetic, beautiful, women, who I have come to respect and appreciate more everyday! It's amazing to work in an environment where even the smallest accomplishments are applauded!
Not to change the subject, Ok, I am changing the subject. I got this blog award from Victoria at Whimsy by Victoria. I appreciate her thoughtfulness. This award is called "Fantsy Pants." It's an award for "dedicated bloggers who love to blog and encourage friendships through blogging." State why you love blogging and pass it on.

I first started a blog for both of my missionaries, two years ago, so that all family members could read their letters and see the pictures that were sent to me through email. I got daring and started my OWN blog but because I wasn't as daring as I thought, I kept it private and only invited myself. My other children caught wind of it and encouraged me to invite them. I decided to just let it all hang out and opened it up to everyone. I enjoy it because it's a chance for me to express myself. I have made many friends in blogland and enjoy reading all your blogs!
I'm passing this award to:

Thanks again, Victoria!

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

I think it's great to learn new things--so many little ones need help with speech. Good for you to be there.

One of my daughter's is in her second year as a Grade 1 teacher and will have 25 First Graders. She is excited and a little apprehensive.

Congrats on the award. I'm glad I have gotten to know you a little bit through blogging.

gigi said...

This is the sweetest thing I've been given in a long time. Thank you for thinking of me. I do love blogging and meeting the many wonderful bloggers that I seem to have so much in common with. It's fun sharing and learning new things from and about each other. Thanks for being a great example and for being my blogging friend.

I have some really close work friends that have remained with me as close friends for over 20 years. They seem more like family. I feel blessed to have worked with them. Sounds as if you've had the same. I think it's a blessing.

Good luck and enjoy the new school year and thanks again :)

Ann Marie said...

Back to teaching.. I'm sure you are such a good one! :) I would LOVE to sit in!

You are so thoughtful!!!!

Thank you for the award! I first started blogging just for me, and now I LOVE it for friendships also.. I think it's fun how many people I don't know--but I see on other blog friends. I always wonder how they know each other..

Maybe I'm just really nosy. ha-ha
I'm glad I know you through blogging! Thanks for being my friend!

Camille said...

Moi?! merci bucu. Je mepel Camille y parlivu frances. I figured if I responded in your first language you'd understand me better. :)

Why, I am speechless! Thank you so much! I am going to post that right now and pass on the love!

I'm glad you came out of the blogging closet and are sharing your wit and wisdom with everyone. Keep it up! :)

Kazzy said...

I love to blog because I feel better when I have some kind of creative outlet. I figured out just a few short years ago that I enjoy writing. Who knew?


You are the best, Miss Connie! It is going to be a great year, and I am excited that you have so many new things to make you happy... kids home and a new position that will be a good challenge for that steel trap of yours.

XO

Kamee said...

Connie good luck on your new adventure, you will be awesome! I wish you and Karen the best of luck..go get em';)

Small House said...

I'm glad you opened up your blog for the world!!!!!

AND...good luck tomorrow. I worked for 5 years with the school district. The kids are always so excited for the first day.

Have a great day.
Sandra

Valerie said...

Congratulations on your award!
I'm so glad you decided to share your amazing wit with all of us.
Good luck with your new venture~ I know you'll do awesome

Erin Ann said...

You so deserve this award because I always smile when my Aunt Connie has written such a nice message on my blog. You are such a talented writer. Maybe I can be like you when I grow up

Anonymous said...

First Congrats on the award!

Your job sounds just as rewarding as mine. I love helping students. I really enjoy working with third grade. Wishing you a great year!

Corrine said...

i am glad you opened you blog to all of us strangers, and i am glad you stopped by my blog today. congrats on the new learning experience. i have worked in special education such sweet kids.

have a great school year and congrats on your award.