CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Definition of Insanity is...

..."Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

A few months ago, I thought it would be a great idea to sign up for the Wasatch Woman Love Your Body 5K run in Sugarhouse Park. It's a big event, with 1300 participants, a Diva Night the night before at the Hilton, breakfast after the race, prizes, and giveaways! What could be more exciting than to participate in such an event with daughters? I felt in my heart that this race would be my best ever! I have 2 months to prepare! I'll get in shape, eat right, exercise daily, and get to the point that I would run the whole race without walking! What a goal! What a vision! What a crock!

The race is tomorrow. Here I am, after consuming anything and everything that is filled with sugar, fat, and salt while lying on the couch watching reruns of Matlock, and for some strange reason not feeling ready for this race!

Are any of you going? If so, say Hi to me. I'll be the last one across the finish line, carrying an extra 15 pounds, (that's not in hand weights) and eating an ice cream sandwich.
I must be insane!

13 comments:

Kazzy said...

LOL I need to know if the Matlock references are just supposed to help indicate your age, or if you really like the show. 'Cause I kind of think Andy Griffith is a nice-looking southern gentleman.

And I actually was going to tell you recently that you were looking great! I guess I got distracted by the few things going on at work.

Where is the finish line, so I can look for you? I'll be the one eating your imaginary ice cream sandwich.

Camille said...

You can sit in the stroller with the girls to really enjoy that ice cream sandwich!
But I totally know what you mean! I wish I would have started my "cupcake and anything else with sugar" addiction AFTER the race! Oh well, we'll get T-shirts, right?

Camille said...

And Kazzy, yes, she really does love Matlock! If you ever notice she's absent from work from 1pm - 2pm, you'll know where she is!

CB said...

I think you are awesome for going and doing it!! You will not be last I am sure of that - after all you are Connie!!!

Good luck!

Yvonne said...

Wow--good for you. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

I have just started running. Every week in our class, I'm the last one--but I also think I'm one of the oldest ; ) But I also have to remind myself that at least I'm off the couch!!!!

Melissa Miller said...

Oh goodness you're so funny!
Good Luck Connie! :)

Jill K said...

I am eating candybars as I read your post. See you at noon at the finish line!

Ann Marie said...

Good for you!
It doesn't matter if your first or last.. as long as you made the effort to finish the race.. ( that sounded fireside/churchish didn't it?

Holy moly.. I havent seen matlock FOREVER.

Heffalump said...

Well, I'll eat some ice cream in honor of you if you want.
I admire you for even signing up, and for still planning to go!

Valerie said...

Hey Connie!
Good luck with the race. I'll be thinking of you! And I'll eat an ice cream sandwich in your behalf! I bet all the stores sell out of ice cream sandwiches for that very reason.

gigi said...

You go girl! You are a brave woman. You can do this. Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

I love Matlock! I hope you do well. I saw this race sign ups and thought "next year" I would love to do this. I need to drop about 40lbs and then I should be good to go.

Looking forward to reading all about it.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wow! The breakfast, prizes, and giveaways sound awesome... I would be a wee bit hesitant to actually run though.

So, kudos to you! (I'm once again "running"..."running" behind that it is, in my blog reading! Can't wait til I catch up and see how your run went.

Blessings & aloha!