CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Losing Weight? Picture Perfect!

My eating has been out of control!!
Half the time, I find myself grazing in the kitchen, stuffing food in my mouth, before I realize what I'm doing! I read on RealAge.com that if you take pictures of the food you are going to consume, you will lose weight. I decided to try it.
For breakfast I had a lovely Shredded Wheat, (this is what happens, folks, when you don't pay attention to what you're buying at the store. I thought I was getting spoon size Shredded Wheat, but alas, I was mistaken. This is now MY cereal since no one else will eat it. I have 3 more boxes on my shelf.) 2 strawberries cut up, and half a banana. I had a glass of skim milk.

For lunch I had a huge bowl of vegetable beef soup and a slice of whole wheat bread. The apple ended up in my granddaughter's stomach. A side note: This vegetable beef soup is made with my bottled soup that I have been canning the past few years. To make it I used 2 quarts of vegetable soup, 1 pint of bottled hamburger, 1 quart homemade tomato soup, 1 pint green beans, 1 can corn, 1 quart stewed tomatoes. It is YUMMY!

Oh, oh, What happened here? I was supposed to take a picture before I ate it. See what I mean? I realized I had eaten pieces of this mint truffle brownie after I had eaten them. It was sure good though. My philosophy is...if you just take bite size pieces, there are fewer calories.


Here's the dinner or is it supper? I guess it depends on where you're from or who your parents are. An egg and cheese tortilla with ...well, you can see it. Why do I have to tell you what's on the plate? That's why there's a picture. The red drink is CranApple juice.
Now...here's the kicker. I didn't take pictures of the 3 glasses of milk I drank with the brownie bites (gotta take care of the bones!) or the 3 bites of macaroni and cheese that was made for the kids lunch.
I think in order for this to work, I need someone to follow me around and take pictures of everything I put in my mouth.
Maybe a video would be more accurate. I must admit though, this did work better than I thought it would. I was more conscious of what I ate, knowing I had to take pictures.
I would have run out of space on my memory card if I took pictures of everything I ate yesterday!
What I need is.............. Self Control!


6 comments:

wendy said...

I am FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!! just wanted to shout that out.
Hey, are you trying to tell me --in all HONESTY --that the 9x13 inch pan of brownies that I eat --no matter if I eat 1 inch by 1 inch pieces, through out the day, and clean off that whole pan --STILL HOLDS THE SAME AMOUNT OF CALORIES. Dang, I think I'm gonna cry. I God didn't want us to be eat and be fat - HE SHOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN US A MOUTH. (for the love)

Kazzy said...

LOL You have such a slender, fit body. I envy you! I may take some photos too. Great idea. But I might do it just for art's sake. :)

Camille said...

What you should have done was take a before and after picture of the brownies - and the time frame in between those pictures! :) They were goooood!

jill langston kaufusi said...

I need more of those brownies.

The Newest Mexicans said...

Nicole and I thought taking pictures would be a great motivator too. Although. we went the route of taking some before, and hopefully after shots wearing nothing but boxers and bikini top. And Nicole went with a one-piece.

After seeing the pictures we each nuzzled up with a gallon of ice-cream to deal with the depression.

Connie said...

You going to post those pictures on your blog? I hope.....NOT!

The ice cream sounds good, though.